The Myron L ULTRAPEN™ PT4 Free Chlorine Pen is designed to be extremely accurate, fast, and simple to use in diverse water quality applications. Advanced features include automatic temperature compensation in calibration mode; highly stable microprocessor-based circuitry; user-intuitive design; and waterproof housing. A true one-handed instrument, the PT4 is easy to calibrate and easy to use. To take a measurement, you simply push a button then dip the PT4 in solution. Results display in seconds.
1. Push Button — turns PT4 on; selects mode and unit preferences.
2. Battery Cap — provides access to battery for replacement.
3. pocket Clip — holds PT4 to shirt pocket for secure storage.
4. Battery Indicator — indicates life remaining in battery.
5. Display — displays measurements, menu options, battery indicator, and firmware revision
6. LED Indicator Light — indicates when to dip PT4 in solution, when measurement is in progress, and when to remove PT4 from solution.
7. FCE Sensor — measures Free Chlorine Equivalent of a solution.
8. Soaker Cap — contains Sensor Storage Solution to maintain sensor hydration. To remove, twist the soaker cap while pulling off using caution not to spill the Storage Solution. To replace, fill the soaker cap half full with Storage Solution. Twist the soaker cap while pushing back on, using caution, as excess Storage Solution may squirt out.
CAUTION: Do NOT push the soaker cap beyond the Cap Stop as sensor damage WILL
NOTE: The formation of KCl crystals around the soaker cap is normal. These crystals do not affect the sensor life, performance, or accuracy provided they are rinsed off with water prior to a test.
9. Scoop — used to hold sample solution when dipping is not possible. To install, push the scoop onto the sensor while shifting side-to-s
scoop off while shifting side-to-side. Verify the fully inserted into the PT4. If not, reinstall per FCE Sensor Replacement section on page 5. To use, hold the scoop directly under a vertical stream during measurement, avoiding bubbles.
10. Holster — run your belt through the strap in the back of the holster for hands-free portability.
11. Lanyard — attach through hole in top of pocket clip.
12. ORP Electrode Cleaning paper — for deep cleaning the platinum electrode.
Free Chlorine: 0.00 – 10.00ppm
Free Chlorine Accuracy: < 5.00ppm ±0.3ppm, ≥ 5.00ppm ±0.5ppm
Free Chlorine Resolution: 0.01 ppm
Temperature Range: 0 – 71° C / 32 – 160° F
Temperature Accuracy: ± 0.1 ºC / ± 0.1 ºF
Temperature Resolution: 0.1ºC/0.1ºF
Time to Reading Stabilization: 10 – 45 seconds
Power Consumption: Active Mode 37 mA, Sleep Mode 2 μA
Temperature Compensation: Automatic In Calibration Mode From 15ºC to 30ºC
Physical Dimensions: 17.15 cm L x 1.59 cm D or 6.75 in. L x .625 in. D
Weight: 50.4 g / 1.78 oz. (without soaker cap and lanyard)
Case Material: Anodized Aircraft Aluminum with Protective Coating
Battery: One N type, Alkaline, 1.5V
Operating/Storage Temperature: 0 – 55ºC or 32 – 131ºF
Calibration Standard Solutions: pH4, pH7, pH10, ORP80, ORP260, ORP470
Enclosure Ratings: IP67 and NEMA6
EN61236-1: 2006 – Annex A: 2008: Electrostatic discharge to the PT4 may cause it to spontaneously turn on. If this occurs, the PT4 will turn off.