MAINTENANCE Ultrapen PT3 ORP Pen
I. Battery Replacement
The PT3 display has a battery indicator that depicts the life remaining in the battery. When the indicator icon is at 3 bars, the battery is full. When the indicator icon falls to 1 bar, replace the battery with an N type battery.
1. In a CLEAN DRY environment unscrew the PT3 battery cap in a counter- clockwise motion.
2. Slide the cap and battery housing out of the PT3.
3. Remove the depleted battery out of its housing.
4. Insert a new battery into the battery housing oriented with the negative end touching the spring.
5. Align the groove along the battery housing with the guide bump inside the PT3 case and slide the battery housing back in.
6. Screw the battery cap back on to the PT3 in a clockwise direction. Do not over tighten.
II. Routine Maintenance
1. ALWAYS rinse the ORP sensor with clean water after each use.
2. ALWAYS replace the soaker cap with sponge filled with Sensor Storage
Solution to prevent the sensor from drying out after each use.
3. Cleaning the sensor: The Myron L Company recommends cleaning your sensor every two weeks, however this depends on application and frequency of use. Indications of a dirty sensor are slower and/or erroneous readings. Always recondition your sensor after cleaning.
To clean your sensor, select one of the following methods:
a. Basic Cleaning:
Using a solution made of dish soap mixed with water and a cotton swab, gently clean the inside of the sensor body and platinum electrode, rinse thoroughly with clean water, then recondition the sensor.
b. Moderate Cleaning:
Using a paste made of Comet® cleanser mixed with water and a cotton swab, gently clean the inside of the sensor body and platinum electrode, rinse thoroughly with clean water, then recondition the sensor. (If Comet® Cleanser is not available, use another mildly abrasive household cleanser).
c. Deep Cleaning:
Using ORP electrode cleaning paper and water, gently clean the platinum electrode, rinse thoroughly with clean water, then recondition the sensor.
4. Reconditioning the sensor: For greatest accuracy and speed of response, the Myron L Company recommends reconditioning the sensor after cleaning.
To recondition the sensor:
Rinse the sensor thoroughly with clean water, then allow it to soak in Storage Solution for a minimum of 1 hour (for best results allow the sensor to soak in Storage Solution overnight).
5. Do not drop, throw, or otherwise strike the PT3. This voids the warranty.
6. Do not store the PT3 in a location where the ambient temperatures exceed its specified Operating/Storage Temperature limits.