The ULTRAPEN™ PT1 Conductivity/ TDS/Salinity Pen is designed to be extremely accurate, fast and simple to use in diverse water quality applications. Advanced features include the ability to select from 3 different solution types that model the characteristics of the most commonly encountered types of water; proprietary temperature compensation and TDS conversion algorithms; highly stable microprocessor-based circuitry; user-intuitive design; and waterproof housing. A true one-handed instrument, the PT1 is easy to calibrate and easy to use. To take a measurement, you simply press a button then dip the pen in solution. Results display in seconds.
1. Push Button — turns instrument on; selects mode and unit preferences.
2. Pen Cap — provides access to battery for replacement.
3. Clip — holds pen to shirt pocket for secure storage.
4. Battery Indicator — indicates charge left in battery.
5. display — displays measurements, mode options and battery indicator.
6. LED Indicator Light — indicates when to dip instrument in solution, when measurement is in progress, and when to remove instrument from solution.
7. electrodes — measure electric current of solution.
8. Cell — contains flux field in defined area for accurate current
9. scoop — contains sample solution for measurement when sampling from a vertical stream. To use, slide the open end of the scoop over the bottom of the pen until the neck of the scoop is flush with the top of the cell. Hold pen with scoop end under stream. Rinse and fill with sample solution 3 times. Fill with solution again, then take measurement. We recommend you recalibrate the pen using the scoop to retain accuracy of ±1%.
Measurement Range: 1 – 9999 µS or ppm (0.0010 – 9.999 ppt salinity)
Accuracy (After Wet Calibration): ± 1% of reading
Repeatability: < 1000 µS or ppm ± 1 Count
≥ 1000 µS or ppm ± 0.3% of reading
Resolution: Conductivity and TDS:
0.1 for 1.0 – 99.9 µS or ppm
1 for 100 – 9999 µS or ppm
Salinity: 0.0001 for 0.0010 – 0.0999 ppt
0.001 for 0.100 – 9.999 ppt
Temperature: 0.1 ºC or ºF
Time to Reading Stabilization: 10 – 20 seconds
Active Mode Power Consumption: 30 – 100 mA
Sleep Mode Power Consumption: 2 µA
Temperature Measurement Range: 0 – 71° C or 32 – 160° F
Temperature Accuracy Displayed: ± 0.1 ºC or ± 0.1 ºF
Temperature Compensation Method: Automatic to 25ºC
Physical Dimensions: 17.15 cm L x 1.59 cm D or 6.75 in. L x .625 in. D
Weight: 55 g or 1.94 oz.
Case Material: Anodized Aluminum with Protective Coating
Battery Type: N type, Alkaline
Battery Voltage: 1.5 V
Calibration Solution Point: 1800 µS KCl; 3000 ppm 442™ (2027 ppm NaCl)
Operating/Storage Temperature: 0 – 55ºC or 32 – 131ºF
Water Resistance: IP67 and NEMA 6
Electrostatic discharge to case of instrument may cause PT1 to spontaneously power on. In this case, the PT1 will power off after several seconds.