ZODIAC, 100 YEARS OF HISTORY
Zodiac Marine & Pool was created in 2007. The roots of the company date back to 1896, founded in a spirit of innovation that still drives us today.
- 2009 – Carlyle increases its shareholding in Zodiac Marine & Pool by purchasing the remaining capital held by Zodiac Aerospace.
- 2008 – Acquisition of COVER-POOLS (USA), a company manufacturing automatic pool covers.
- 2007 – Zodiac Marine & Pool is created, via the acquisition of Zodiac Group’s Marine Segment by The Carlyle Group, in conjunction with the newly formed Zodiac Aerospace.
- 2007 – Acquisition of NORSK INOVA, a major Norwegian manufacturer of waste treatment for cruise ships.
- 2006 – Common acquisition with Carlyle Group of JANDY POOL PRODUCTS, an American manufacturer of pools equipment.
- 2005 – Acquisition of POLARIS POOL SYSTEMS (USA), a brand leader on the pool cleaners market.
- 2004 – Acquisition of EVAC, a Finnish company developing environmentally friendly vacuum toilets and wastewater collection and treatment solutions.
- 2003 – Acquisition of P.S.A, a French manufacturer of heating systems and dehumidification units for swimming pools.
- 2001 – Acquisition of CLEARWATER, salt-chlorination water treatment solutions (Australia)
- 1952 – Dr Alain Bombard crosses the Atlantic on a Zodiac boat.
- 1934 – Launch of a 2-seat inflatable kayak prototype, followed in 1936 by an inflatable catamaran equipped with a sail and, in 1937 by inflatable torpedoes carriers developed for the French Naval Air Service.
- 1909 – The company becomes the Société Française de Ballons Dirigeables et d’Aviation Zodiac. The Zodiac brand is registered on 2nd February 1909.
- 1896 – Foundation of “Mallet, Mélandri et de Pitray ” a company specialised in the design of non rigid airships
Please visit us on the web at: