UC IRVINE MEDICAL CENTER
The University of California, Irvine Medical Center is a world-class academic medical center and the only university hospital in Orange County. Opened in 1976, the 422-bed medical facility offers a full scope of acute- and general-care services, including a regional burn center, Level I Trauma Center, neuropsychiatric center, Level III neonatal care unit and a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated comprehensive cancer center.
The medical center has more than 400 specialty and primary care physicians. UC Irvine Medical Center has received numerous distinctions including:
- One of “America’s Best Hospitals” by U.S.News & World Report.
- First to receive the Magnet Designation for nursing excellence in Orange County.
- Only Comprehensive Cancer Center in Orange County – the highest honor bestowed by the National Cancer Institute.
- Only hospital in Orange County with a Level 1 trauma center. It is fully verified as an Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons.
- The county’s most sophisticated Level III neonatal care unit to care for critically ill newborns.
- One of the first burn facilities in the nation and the only Orange County burn center verified by the American College of Surgeons and American Burn Association.
UC Irvine Medical Center, one of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Hospitals, opened a state-of-the-art hospital in 2009. The new UC Irvine Douglas Hospital enhances the ability of UC Irvine Healthcare physicians and medical professionals to deliver compassionate, comprehensive care to the residents of Orange County and surrounding communities.
Designed to optimize healing, UC Irvine Douglas Hospital has spacious, mostly private patient rooms. It is equipped with the latest technological advances to treat cancer, cardiac conditions, digestive diseases, neurological disorders, trauma and critical care, severe burns, urological problems and disorders of the eye, head, neck and spine.
The hospital is equipped to treat the most seriously injured patients as Orange County’s only Level I trauma center and regional burn center. Its top surgeons perform minimally invasive robotic surgery and its neonatal intensive care unit is the most advanced in the region.
As Orange County’s only university hospital, it also offers a collaborative environment for translational medicine – bringing promising treatments to our patients and providing a superior teaching facility in which to train the next generation of healthcare professionals.
Myron L Meters is proud to do business with UC Irvine Medical Center.
Please visit us on the web at: