Built in 1960, the facility has undergone numerous expansion and renovation projects to improve technology and provide additional health care services based on the demonstrated needs of the community.
In addition to the main campus, Morehead Memorial Hospital has two off-campus sites: the Wright Diagnostic Center, providing laboratory and diagnostic imaging, a Wound Healing Center, the Lou McMichael Miracle Breast Imaging Suite, the Morehead Memorial Hospital Foundation, and patient financial services; and Morehead Physical Rehabilitation, providing physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, massage therapy, and functional capacity evaluations.
Active Medical Staff of 55 and a consulting/courtesy staff of 35 Modern Equipment and Procedures: Electronic Medical Records System, CT, MRI, Lithotripsy, Vascular Laboratory, Laser Surgery, Angiography, Digital Mammography, Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Procedures 108 beds including 81 Med-Surg, 9 Intensive Care, 18 Birthing Center (LDRP)Honors:
- One of the Nation’s Top 100 Hospitals (1994)
HCIA/Mercer Healthcare Consulting Firms
- Best Financial/Information Management System for Hospitals Under 250 Beds
- Runner-Up for Best Overall Information Management System for Hospitals Under 250 Beds
- Wellness Program:
Gold Award Wellness Council of America
Winners’ Circle for Governor’s Awards for Worksite Health & Fitness
- Nursing Department, A Benchmark Department
Quorum Health Resources, Inc.
- 1996 Annual Appearance Award
Eden Community Appearance Commission
- Five-Star Auxiliary Program
National Coalition of Hospital Volunteers (NCHV)
- Award of Excellence, National Accreditation of Occupational Health Nurses
- American Association for Respiratory Care Quality Respiratory Care Recognition
- Myron L Meters is proud to do business with Morehead Hospital.