Myron L Meters Thanks Bear Lake Memorial Hospital!

Posted by 13 Mar, 2012
Qr_code

Bear Lake Memorial Hospital and Skilled Nursing Facility is the health care source for the Bear Lake valley region. We have been described as a small town, big city hospital by the Idaho State Journal and for good cause. Our state-of-the-art hospital has gifted physicians and medical staff working to provide around the clock services to the residents and visitors of our area. Two operating rooms, a CT scanner, 24 hour emergency room services, Life Flight helicopter services, and over 220 employees are just some of the features that cause people to marvel at this small town that has a big city hospital. We also take pride in offering dialysis and a weight loss clinic, services rarely offered in rural communities.

History of Bear Lake Memorial 

   
The first building designed and constructed as a hospital in southeast Idaho was opened in 1912 by Dr. George F. Ashley on North 8th Street in Montpelier, Idaho. It was known as the “Montpelier Hospital” and operated 12 beds in the two story structure. The hospital closed its doors on December 15, 1945 and was remodeled into an apartment complex known as the Mary K Apartments. The building is now known as the Colonial Apartments, near Jensen’s Market.

“Montpelier Hospital” (1912-1945)
The first building designed and constructed as a hospital in southeast Idaho was opened in 1912 by Dr. George F. Ashley on North 8th Street in Montpelier, Idaho. It was known as the “Montpelier Hospital” and operated 12 beds in the two story structure. The hospital closed its doors on December 15, 1945 and was remodeled into an apartment complex known as the Mary K Apartments. The building is now known as the Colonial Apartments, near Jensen’s Market.

“Montpelier Hospital” (1912-1945)

“Bear Lake Hospital” (1937-1949)
The second hospital in Bear Lake was found above “The Fair Store” on Washington Street in downtown Montpelier, Idaho. The “Bear Lake Hospital” was a 12 bed facility that opened in February 1937 under the management of Dr. R.B. Lindsay and Dr. Reed J. Rich. It operated concurrently with the first hospital for 8 years and closed December 31, 1949.

“Bear Lake Memorial Hospital” (1950)
With a $200,000 county bond, a federal government grant, and donations from businesses and individuals, the community received a wonderful hospital at the cost of approximately $291,000. The facility was dedicated as a memorial to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice by giving their lives during the World Wars.

Myron L Meters is proud to do business with Bear Lake Memorial Hospital.

Please visit us on the web at:

http://www.myronlmeters.com

Facebook:  

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Myron-L-Meters/147455608645777

Google +:    

https://plus.google.com/112342237119950323462

Twitter:      

http://twitter.com/MyronLMeters

Linkedin:    

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=98473409&trk=tab_pro

Pinterest:    

http://pinterest.com/myronlmeters/

YouTube:    

http://www.youtube.com/myronlmeters

News:          

http://waterindustrynews.com

Categories : Uncategorized
loading comments...